Download manager!!!!

dansilva

does any one here use any "download manager" softwares i.e. Internet Download Manager, Download Acceleretor etc. have u people ever experienced any problems with those softwares (i mean any problems)? i.e. spywares, virus etc. also what's the best (recommended) download manager?

thank you

Watzzupp

download managers work about 75% of the time. It all depends on which one, quite a few of them have spyware but i came across one that i now use all the time.
>its FREE
>it's FAST
>Its spyware free-checked with AdAware

FRESH DOWNLOADS -www.freshdevices.com

I recommend it to everyone.
I does require registration on the site-all you need is an email address
they do tend to notify you too much bout updates of all their free products but i think you can stop it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
does any one here use any "download manager" softwares i.e. Internet Download Manager, Download Acceleretor etc. have u people ever experienced any problems with those softwares (i mean any problems)? i.e. spywares, virus etc. also what's the best (recommended) download manager?
Generally there is a negligible benifit to using them (purely from a DL speed perspective). Overall its often not worth it.

dansilva

i did some research on those download managers they say it boost up ur download by 500 to 600%i don't know if that's totally Bulls**t coz i havent it tested how much it boots up my download i dont know how to test it, also most of them come with addwares n spywares. i have 1.1mb adsl but at some occasions it does boots up download speed. then again u have other problems, which i experienced i.e. not always works with some sites and sometimes it switches to IE download manager

so Praetor u saying that its not worth having at all? have u ever tested any one of those download managers by any chance?

thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i did some research on those download managers they say it boost up ur download by 500 to 600%i don't know if that's totally Bulls**t coz I havent it tested how much it boots up my download I dont know how to test it, also most of them come with addwares n spywares
Stop and think. No matter what download accelerator you use, its still coming into the computer via the same connection which means your final bottleneck is the connection

so Praetor u saying that its not worth having at all? have u ever tested any one of those download managers by any chance?
Yeah i used to use Kontiki .. works ok but too much of a hassle really

ZER0X

VIP Member
I only use DAP because if i'm downloading something huge I can pause it, because I have 56K "Which Freakin sucks :p"