Downloadable Windows?

aboynamedmatt

Hey guys, I was searching the internet for some good prices on a Windows XP Pro edition and came across this link. www.softweight.com It has downloadable versions of Windows XP Pro for 50 bucks, but it seems kinda sketch to me. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of doing that before and whether or not its worth it.

JordanHus

Ya, me either but, Honestly if i was to dl it online, and i dont mean to offend anyone but you can use bearshare limewire kazaa to dl a cracked version of windows free, cracked: you dont have to enter any serials.

:eek:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
It can't possibly be legit, $59.95 for Exchange Server Professional 2003? I know you asked about WinXP but there's no way.

Sebouh

I don't see why not, if you read their section on FAQ i think ulll see that it is legit.
the bad thing is that u wont be able to get technical support from the manufacturers...
the good thing is that u can save up to 300$.

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Weather it comes with a manual or not, you can't buy an exchange server liscense for $60

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Why is the software so inexpensive?
We offer the software for downloading only, it means that you do not receive a fancy package, a printed manual and license that actually aggregate the largest part of the retail price. In this situation we are restricted in selling the products for private purposes only! You will not be able to get a technical support and different rebates from the manufacturer. Updates are available for the most of our products (you may ask our support staff for the exceptions) that make them fully functional and operating. Additionally you save the delivery cost.
The manual, package and printed license can't be worth the discounts (the big price tags are for the license, the 'right' to use the software). A few of these packages I understand using for personal use but Windows 2003 Enterprise Server or Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise? Neither of these are 'personal' operating systems. I think they must be selling unlicensed(illegal) software, but you can make your own choice.

Geoff

VIP Member
doesnt seem legit to me either, maybe they just buy one version of it, and give a copy of that to everyone. I wouldnt do it.

Sebouh

well maybe its the same file, and they are buying new licenses for each new user, isn't that possible?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Well no, sticking with MS Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise, a license (direct from microsoft) is $3999 + $67 per user accessing + $67 per device (that the user(s) use to access the server)

Classic_house

Something smells fishy.... If it looks too good to be true it usually is... Maybe they will just rip your credit card..... Think i would rather pay more and be sure!

leo

I just moved from Oregon and there is a place there where I purchased all my parts when I built a PC.

www.enuinc.com

I purchased XP Home for $92.00 full cd OEM, and also XP Pro full cd OEM for $146.00. The only requirement was that I had to purchase a 'computer' part, e.g. an ethernet cable, or a mouse, etc. Typically one can use the CD for 5 reinstalls.

All you need is for someone who lives in the Portland, OR area to get it for you. One store is located just off the sunset highway in Hillsboro. They also have another store on 122nd ave near the airport area (PDX).

ENU does not ship, as far as I know.

While I lived there I did find another place that does ship, but is a tad higher in pricing; www.iguanamicro.com , located near the Intel Corp Jones Farm facility in Hillsboro, OR.

That is where (ENU) I will purchase the next time I want to build a PC. I have not found anything out here on the east coast that comes close to ENU. :cool: