DVD Burning Help Needed!!!

slashenger

I have video clips with MPEG Layer-3 audio formatting and I want to burn them to a DVD using my dvd burner so I can watch it on my TV. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried using nero 6 and roxio and so far none of them worked. My guess is I have to convert the video clips, but when I tried that it didn’t work. I converted my files into mpeg/avi formats and when trying to burn it, there was a message saying: “the file may not be displayed correctly on your TV.” When I clicked on details it showed something wrong with the video bitrate, which was: 2376000. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could fix this? Anybody’s help would be greatly appreciated.

Nephilim

VIP Member
Hi,

You'll want to run the clips through TMPGEnc to convert them to NTSC. When it's finished you'll end up with two files, an MP2 and a WAV.

Next you need to run them through TMPGEnc DVD Author to add a menu and process them into VOB, IFO, BUP files. Once this is done all the files should be in a VIDEO_TS folder.

Now you're ready to burn the VIDEO_TS folder (be sure to burn the entire folder not just the individual files) to DVD as data with most any burning app that supports DVD burning :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You'll want to run the clips through TMPGEnc to convert them to NTSC. When it's finished you'll end up with two files, an MP2 and a WAV.
Cant remember but cant you compress the audio (resulting in an MP2 file) ... the video becomes an M2V and the audio either MP2/WAV (i would check but i didnt install it on my laptop)