DVD Roms Not Recognized - Please Help

Karaim

New Member
I have an internal DVD drive and an external one. Both worked perfectly. I recently installed software for my scanner, and after restarting the computer, both DVD drives are no longer recognized. I have Vista 64 bit. I restarted the computer and bios recognizes my internal dvd rom, but windows does not.

Oh and when I go into device manager, the device manager shows both the internal and external dvd drive, but for some reason I cannot use it or see it.

Any suggestions?
 
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
 
Try removing the device from device manager, then do a search for new hardware. Windows should then find the device again and attempt to reinstall the driver for it. This might fix you up.
 
Back
Top