Dvd

dmsee

hey i got regular dvd-rom 16x is there any programs that will allow to burn movie to hard drive without dvd-rw?

Bobo

banned
dmsee said:
hey i got regular dvd-rom 16x is there any programs that will allow to burn movie to hard drive without dvd-rw?

To burn a movie to a hard drive, just put the dvd in, and for me a menu comes up. If there is an option to copy the files, copy them to your hard drive. If not, go into "My Computer, open up the dvd drive, and move them to the hard drive.

If you want to copy it to another dvd, it should have an option through Windows Media Player to copy to a dvd. I dunno, that never worked for me, it said no device detected. Except that it is dvdrom. I dunno if it will work.

[tab]

[...]
DVD Decrypter is what you're after, then you can use PowerDVD (etc) to watch the DVD from your HDD.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
hey I got regular dvd-rom 16x is there any programs that will allow to burn movie to hard drive without dvd-rw?
Most burning apps. Take Nero BurningROM for instance :)

To burn a movie to a hard drive, just put the dvd in, and for me a menu comes up. If there is an option to copy the files, copy them to your hard drive. If not, go into "My Computer, open up the dvd drive, and move them to the hard drive.
What you've described is "copyign a bunch of files" which is not the same. If you had a bunch of MPG files on your HDD how do you get that to the IFO/VOB --> ISO/NRG needed for say, virtual drives? :)

DVD Decrypter is what you're after, then you can use PowerDVD (etc) to watch the DVD from your HDD.
Again, only if the source if already a DVD :)