Edge help

Nurse914

Hi everyone!

My computer skills are basic! I just got a new basic Acer Aspire for home and work. It works fine for me...Except I can't open an important App for work. My old computer was running windows 8 (maybe) ? Is there something I can do to be able to open the APP. The program is https://www.nethealth.com/optima/
and the message I get is
" An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party"

This is the system requirements for the program
https://www.nethealth.com/wp-conten...ium 4 (2GHz) • AMD Athlon Supporting Software

Can I download Windows 8 to this computer?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Can I download Windows 8 to this computer?
First off, don't do that. Windows 8 has been out of support for 6 years.

This looks like it's just a web app. So it should just work.

what are the specific specs of the computer you bought?

Nurse914

Hi these are the computer spec.

Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R3UB | 15.6" Full HD IPS Display | AMD Ryzen 3 3350U Quad-Core Mobile Processor | 4GB DDR4 | 128GB NVMe SSD | WiFi 6 | Backlit KB | FPR | Amazon Alexa | Windows 11 Home in S mode​

Darren

Staff member
I'm not sure this has anything to do with your computer. The error message sounds like it's reaching out to something and not getting what it wants. Googling suggests that error actually relates to time skew, meaning your computer time and the server it's talking to don't match. Make sure your computer time is right in the bottom corner.

Does this website have support? If this is for work, get your company's IT involved.

Darren

Staff member
Darren, Are kidding me??? Just changing the time fixed this??? You are awesome !!! Thank you so much!
Haha awesome. I'm surprised the time was wrong in the first place, usually it's automatic when you have an internet connection.

That issue happens more than you might think. I work in enterprise storage support and I've seen entire storage systems serving thousands of users stop serving data simply because the system time is wrong.