enable a usb port

tha king

i installed a digital camera but it says that i need to enable a usb port...i have the camera plugged into a usb port but i know i have to do something...

apj101

VIP Member
what is it that is telling you that you need to enable usb ports?
Have you ever used those ports before with other devices?

tha king

yea this has happened before...i called up the company and they gave me instructions on how to fix it...but i cant find the number to call...i remember them telling me to restart the comp and press a key and it gives options to click on...then i would do all kinds of stuff and finally enable the usb port...i forgot how to though.

apj101

VIP Member
sound like your usb may be disable through bios. When you first boot up look at the screen and it will say something like hit f2 for setup, or maybe hit del for bios
something like that, hit it quickly and this will take you into bios. Have a look around and see if you can find the section that will refer to enable usb

lynx6200

When your in windows, check your device manager (my computer, properties, hardware). From there look for usb devices, and make sure they have drivers and are working, if there are non working device that the systems find, they will be in yellow with an '!' mark.

apj101

VIP Member
did you have a good look around. In may not be to clear where it is and bios is not instinctively easy to navigate
also what motherboard do you have