System Video BIOS

Under WINXP

BIOS: Pheonix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

BIOS can be flashed aswell

Thanks Zer0x :)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Pheonix AwardBIOS should be shadowing the system and video bios' from the factory. If it's not, in the plug and play section each expansion card with firmware on a ROM can be shadowed but you need to know the address that the BIOS info is at then put it into the matching area of RAM. Not fun :p

ZER0X

VIP Member
Cromewell said:
Pheonix AwardBIOS should be shadowing the system and video bios' from the factory. If it's not, in the plug and play section each expansion card with firmware on a ROM can be shadowed but you need to know the address that the BIOS info is at then put it into the matching area of RAM. Not fun :p

hmm not fun at all :eek:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If it's not, in the plug and play section each expansion card with firmware on a ROM can be shadowed but you need to know the address that the BIOS info is at then put it into the matching area of RAM. Not fun
Doable tho .... but i better be getting a term credit for that :p

Zer0x, have a run through the Motherboard manual (and what mobo do you have). If you dont want to hunt around, the "Failsafe Defaults" should work

ZER0X

VIP Member
what mobo do you have
The crappiest motherboard ever, but I didn't build it couldn't afford :p

Model: Gamilia/Giovani/Neon Series
Chipset: Intel i845G
Southbridge: Intel 82801DB (ICH4)

If you dont want to hunt around, the "Failsafe Defaults" should work

I guess i'll try that :)

ZER0X

VIP Member
Oh good god... *bad memories* (this is a Compaq?)

Booyah! :p shoot me, shoot me now :D

Atleast I made it better than what it was 256mb, 64mb integrated gfx, soon to be 120gb hd

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so MSI crapped-down motherboard.... have a look through BIOS for those options but if it doesnt have those options youre kinda SOL

ZER0X

VIP Member
have a look through BIOS for those options but if it doesnt have those options youre kinda SOL

It doesn't have those options :eek: I guess if they release a later BIOS version I could probably flash it? not to sure