"Enter Network Password" popup, please help

fmonte

I am about to go nuts. This box pops up every couple minutes. Whether I hit OK or cancel makes no difference, it keeps popping up. It lock the application I am working on until I hit one of the buttons. It is very annoying. Please help. Thank you. Frank

I should have mentioned the box says: server: pop.mail.yahoo.com

Last edited:

patrickv

hmm are you sure you configured the server settings for this yahoo mail properly ?

Cause if you're entering a good password this box should be no more

fmonte

Yes, it has been working fine for months, all of a sudden I am getting the popup. By the way, when it pops up the user name and pw is already populated into the boxes. I have retyped them in but it makes no difference. I have tried hitting cancel, then tried ok, unchecked save, checked save. Nothing seems to make a difference.

munkyeetr

I have been having a bit of an issue lately with Yahoo myself, just over the last few days...not sure what to suggest, I think it is an issue with the Yahoo servers. Sometimes they're busy. Same thing, though, the password, even though I have password manager store it (and it works 98% of the time) all of a sudden is asked for. I was at first concerned it may be phishing, so I would cancel out and change it manually, but it has cropped up a couple times since. To reiterate, I'm pretty sure this is a Yahoo issue.