Error message when trying to use Search

kevin23

New Member
Win XP Home, every time I try to use the Search ( from Start menu) or click on a drive in My Computer I get this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Rumtime library

Run time error

Program: C:\Windows\ explorer.exe

Abnormal program Termination


Also gives me this error when I go to My Computer and click on any drive.

Does it when I do not have my browser opened.

Help please.........................
 
Did you recently install a new program? A lot times this error occurs when you have two similar programs (two firewalls, anti-virus, etc.) running simultaneously. I used to get the same error on my old PC, because of conflicting software.
 
No new programs, antivirus is AVG , also use Spybot and Adware . Everything else is pretty much standard.
 
Solution found: After trying many things and several fourms, I discovered that my Free Download Manager 2.1 was the culprit. Uninstalled it and every thing works just dinky.

Hope this helps someone else. Strange that I have had this program on my computer for a couple of years, but just recently it caused problems.
 
Back
Top