error messages during bootup sequence

kof2000

i checked the battery it is good so that should not be the problem, whenever booting up it saids a new proccessor has been installed press f1 to setup or f2 to load defaults, seems it is not saving the settings to the bios? battery aint dead though. whats wrong. MB is a ASUS P4P800S

AND just to have more infos to figure out my problem
X-Dreamer II case
P4 - 3.0GHZ w/HT
2gb DDR400
ati radeon 9600se w/ 128mb
120gb maxtor 7200rpm w/8mb cache
NEC 8x4x12 DVD+/-rw
SONY 52x24x48 cd-rw
2x floppy drive
350psu

it is a pain in the ass cuz i built this and my dad wouldnt know to hit f2 to skip the damn thing and i woundnt want him to press it each time he gonna look at the news lol.

Last edited:

tristan

You need to just go into bios and set the processor speed to the correct settings. A lot of times with new builds that it quite common. I know for ABit boards you have to do that on its first boot reguardless. Try doing "Load Optimal Settings" and see if that fixes it first. Check the processor speed (Rightclick My Computer->properties). Make sure that is the right Mhz for your processor.

kof2000

yeah i remember i didnt have that problem before after i fooled around with it. i'll try that thanks.

kof2000

there is not optimal setting for the bios only to load setup defaults lol, same problem still there, any other way to go about fixing this? cuz is quite annoying cuz i can't get a automatic boot to windows right now.

uniquekrishna

u can sort the cmos & reload the CMOS battery and then boot ur PC.
i think it will solve ur problem, because by that way i have solved my problem in one of my PC

4W4K3

VIP Member
so you unplugged power from mobo, cleared CMOS, and then turned it back on and STILL have a problem. if your having BIOS problems every time you start up you mmight just need to get a new BIOS chip...that all i can think of.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Try manually loading the failsafe defaults, rebooting and then loading whatever settings you use :)