Errors on Startup

BobotheHobo

I have an old Compaq ProLiant 3000, and when I start up I get these after the Memory Test:

178 Processor Configuration Invalid

172-1 Configuration Nonvolatile Memory Invalid

I havent been able to access BIOS sence i got the computer, so im lost :(

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. You wont be able to get to BIOS until the machine POSTS
2. What proc do you have in there

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
POST is Power On Self Test. When you pulled the battery how long did you keep it out for?

BobotheHobo

I pulled it out for about 15 seconds, my computer doesnt prompt me to access BIOS if thats what your talking about with POST

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
you need to remove the battery for at least 30 seconds. You can't normally access the BIOS until the compter completes it's POST. Again, POST means Power On Self Test. It is a series of tests run when you turn the computer on. If anything is wrong it will beep quite a bit, 1 short beep means the POST was passed successfully

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
That's not enough....

Taking out the battery for that long is not enough. I would suggest 30 mins + ;) to be safe. :eek:

JAN :D

BobotheHobo

Cromewell said:
You can't normally access the BIOS until the compter completes it's POST. Again, POST means Power On Self Test. It is a series of tests run when you turn the computer on. If anything is wrong it will beep quite a bit, 1 short beep means the POST was passed successfully
I know, the memory test, spinning hard drives and all that is the POST, it goes through that but its not like normal computers ive dealt with, it doesnt prompt me to hit anything to open the BIOS.

Last edited:

BobotheHobo

I installed something from Compaq so it now prompts me for a System Configuration Utility, but when i say to run it it say that there is no System Configuration Utility on my computer. :confused: