Everex gPC2.

PHATSPEED7x

New Member
I have a birthday coming up, and I was thinking of getting a new desktop computer. The old Compaq still works, but with outdated hardware, small HD, and max supported RAM of only 512MB I would be better off just getting a new one.

I'm not a gamer, or do I need some high end model. I just use the desktop for web browsing, and some light word processing. So I was looking at the Everex gPC2. It's a cheap desktop, with a linux based gOS OS (I'd install Ubuntu on it). Does anyone have any thoughts or experence with this PC? From the reviews I've read it's a good cheap PC of you know linux.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883118005
 
I'd be weary of VIA processors and boards ... nothing against VIA but it seems like nobody talks about...kind of like nobody talking about the crazy old witch on the outskirts of town...Do your research. However, I'm liking the fact that the northbridge chip is sinked.
I haven't tried gOS Linux but have heard of it, I'm sure it'll be a good distro. Well, if there's a warranty and everybody has pretty good experiences with it, by all means, go for it. But, there's eMachines computers for $50 more that have an Intel or AMD (I'm not too sure of AMD after having one blow up on me) and 1 GB of RAM (512 more)...no, just go for it.
 
Back
Top