Everything went wrong!!

free_rider20

OK, I really didn't know where to put this. I got a new computer case today, the Raidmax Smilodon with a 500W power supply. The power supply seemed solid so I left it in instead of the 450 JPAC i used previously. I got everything installed and it worked flawlessly for 4 or 5 hours. I needed to restart my computer, and thats when everything went to hell. It stopped recognizing my boot drive, and my 160 GB data drive only shows up in bios as 8 GB. Also, before my bios load it starts telling me I have an inappropriate RAM setup, which i know is right. Also, I cannot get my DVD burner drive to be found by the bios. I have tried swapping cables, changing jumpers, cleared cmos, tried my old power supply. Do you think the new power supply is faulty and messed up my motherboard? I am pretty knowledgeable and all my friends come to me for help, but i just cannot seem to figure this one out.

Well, as a general rule, you never want to use the PSU that comes with a case. Ever. Try using that PSU on another (junk) computer, and see if you have the same problems...however, it does sound like the PSU messed up something on your motherboard.

free_rider20

Alright, I'm definitely not gonna put my new power supply in my 2nd computer because I am not willing to take the chances of messing up 2 computers with it. I ordered the case through newegg. What do you reccomend I do to fix this problem. I tried my boot hd in my second computer, and I cannot get it to be reckognized by that bios either. So I basically know that there is a problem with my DVD drive, HD1, mobo, and possibly my HD 2. Do you think I could contact customer service of either newegg/raidmax and get them to replace the fried parts due to the power supply? After purchasing the case, im in a really tight money situation, and can definitely not afford to replace everything that is fried.

bldgengineer

well it sounds like the parts are fried. Are you sure you didn't ground out the mobo? I doubt newegg will replace everything for you. They might though you never know....

free_rider20

Im sure i installed the mobo correctly, used the little red 0-rings when installing it to im pretty sure there is no way my mobo got grounded out. Also, if it did get grounded out would it fry my hard drive too?

free_rider20

Also, all the parts that dont seem to be working are still under warranty, would I be better off trying to get them replaced through the manufacturers than through newegg or raidmax?