EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 LED NOT Working properly HELP me please.

Just bought an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 used from another person.

He states he had it water cooled so he reapplied the thermal paste, you can see that on the picture, hope it don't void the warranty?

My main concern is that all the Colors work but when I select RED because its the color I want the FTW2 sign doesn't Light up. However it does work properly with White,Green,Blue and all the other colors I tried.

Also EVGA Logo lights up Red but the GPM (No clue what it means) is Purple I don't know how to change it. FTW2 meanwhile isn't lighting up.
I took this picture, sorry for the glare and reflection, but it should give a better idea as to what I am talking about.

Just got this thing in the mail today hope someone can help. (Should I RMA?)

50014449-10157061989281979-6665959959752081408-o-1.jpg

Darren

Staff member
Probably pretty tough to track down since it's used. I'd contact EVGA directly and be honest about it being used and see what they say. They're known for good support.

JLuchinski

Does it work fine when gaming? What John posted explains what the colors on the gpm letters mean, I wouldn't worry if one color on the rgb isn't working.

Intel_man

VIP Member
removing the cooler for use with other aftermarket waterblocks will not void evga's warranty.

Since you bought it used, have you gotten the original owner to transfer the warranty to your account? (This is a feature for evga products)

Does it work fine when gaming? What John posted explains what the colors on the gpm letters mean, I wouldn't worry if one color on the rgb isn't working.
Yes it does work fine while gaming.
removing the cooler for use with other aftermarket waterblocks will not void evga's warranty.

Since you bought it used, have you gotten the original owner to transfer the warranty to your account? (This is a feature for evga products)
Awesome, thanks for confirming this!

No I have not I bought from a person who bought it from another person on eBay. Would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this please.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Uh... then you're stuck with a 3 year warranty that begins from the date of manufacturing instead of the date of purchase of the product.

See this thread on the matter of transferring warranty.
https://forums.evga.com/Can-I-transfer-EVGA-warranty-to-secondary-owner-m2606590.aspx
Hey do me a favor, can you look at the picture one more time? see the Thermal Grease above the 1070 sign? I think that's thermal grease. Seller said he had it water cooled. I know you said that won't void warranty but what if its done poorly or looks crappy like that you think they will have issues with that?

Guys are great. Appreciate all the feedback.
Thanks

PS: Card was shipped off to EVGA RMA Today. Should have it back by Tuesday not next week but the one after that.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Hey do me a favor, can you look at the picture one more time? see the Thermal Grease above the 1070 sign? I think that's thermal grease. Seller said he had it water cooled. I know you said that won't void warranty but what if its done poorly or looks crappy like that you think they will have issues with that?
Can't really tell from that photo, but the pcb of the card looks pretty bent.

Can't really tell from that photo, but the pcb of the card looks pretty bent.
You know I noticed the same thing my self. AT least eBay has buyer protection, guy has to refund me if EVGA Denies the warranty. Because I don't want it if it has no warranty so I am going to return it.