EVGA Nforce 750i powering up problem

skaforhire

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any help.

I have a problem, and I assume it is the MOBO. I just had to replace an old board (along with new RAM, Chip, and Power supply) I went with the EVGA Nforce 750i SLI and put the comp back together. I have connected the power button from the front of the case (which worked fine in my last build). I plug it in and the power light on the MOBO is on, but when I hit the power button nothing happens. I have never ran into something like this, so any help would be great. I was wondering if it could be the power switch (fluke that it just went out while changing the boards?) and would there be anyway to check this? As in, is there a way to have the computer on as long as the power supply is on without using the power switch? Otherwise, any ideas why the computer would not turn on when using the switch?

As far as I know, and I don't build systems all the time, this problem has to be with the board or the switch, right? ... the PS is working, if the ram was bad it would still cycle up, and if the chip was bad it would still start and I would get an error right?

Ok, sorry, I hope that is clear enough that someone can understand the problem Thank you for your time.