Extend a hotspot with a login page

shawn10101010

Hi,

I live away from home for college. The Internet they give us is really shitty. Over 100 people have to connect wirelessly to ONE hotspot. It's an Eye-In hotspot or something. Anyways, there is no password to actually connect to the hotspot, but once you open up the browser, it asks you for a username and password. The problem is we can only use the username for one device at a time, so phones, tablets, Xbox and other stuff can't all be connected at the same time. I have a router that also doubles as a repeater, and I was wondering if I could connect the router to the hotspot using the username and then connect all of my stuff on that router. I tried stuff like Connectify but the range is horrible.

I don't think this is possible, but does anyone have any ideas?

Geoff

VIP Member
The router can't be the device that logs in, I don't believe any are set up that way. One thing you could do is on your laptop, connect a router to your computers ethernet port and enable internet connection sharing, that may allow you to rebroadcast the wireless signal you are receiving on a different network, which allows other devices to use it.