Fake Invoices

peter912

Every day I am receiving e mail that is sending me invoices from a Periodontist that I went to last year. I can't block it because they change the e mail address every e mail that they send. I sent an e mail to the Periodontist office about this but they never replied to me. How did these scam artists get a hold of my e mail through the Periodontist ? Can I do anything other than ignore and delete these e mails ? I hope that along with these e mails they didn't plant a virus in my computer because out of curiosity I did try to look at the attachment but was never able to open it.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Under no circumstances do you want to open the attachments. If they email address they use keeps changing there isn't much you can do but keep deleting them. Eventually they should stop. If the email domain they use is the same you can block that one though. This type of email isn't new, its been around for a long time., just like all the fake amazon, fedex, ups emails. Every email if from a different address. I would say your email address has been sold to a third party for spam purposes.