fastest camera

supersly_jones

i'm looking for a digital camera for use for sports pictures and it needs to be a quick camera...and i mean the time it takes between pushing the shutter button and the time when it takes the picture....the one i'm using now has about a two second delay and its just not working out....i need something new....i'm looking at this camera right now....the minolta z10...it seems nice....what other cameras out there are well rated for under lets say 300

magicman

VIP Member
I own a Sony DSC-P73 and it's pretty quick off the trigger. Without the flash (you can choose not to use it) I'd say it's about 1/4 second. With flash, about 2/3 seconds. It has a quick-burst feature, movie feature and has a 4.1megapixel resolution. $250 ish

Only a 3x optical zoom though, and if you're looking for something chunkier like the z10 I can't help you.

magicman

VIP Member
Let me know what you think of it. My one's a cybershot too (at least that's what it says on the front :D), maybe it's an updated model...

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
A week ago I purchase a Fuji Finepix S5100 http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/S5100/S51A.HTM and it's great! I highly recommend it to anyone for sport pictures or otherwise.

My one's a cybershot too (at least that's what it says on the front ), maybe it's an updated model...

Sony has a whole line of cameras with the name Cybershot but of course there's many diff. models :). I owned this one http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_w1-review/index.shtml for two weeks b4 the mode dial broke... It had a HUGE 2 1/2 inch display that I loved but I returned it for a full refund when it broke because I wanted to purchase the one I have now.

Edit:

Oh ya just wanted to mention that the 10x zoom is excellent making it even that much better for capturing sports picks then the point and shot camera's with no more then 3x zoom which just dont cut it for that situation. It's price is right on target for the average persons budget also... Check em out ;-).

Edit 02:

hehe, I just realised you’re looking to spend under $300.00. Nevermind!

Oh sorry me 2! Oh well perhaps you'll change your mind as this camera is a steal between $300 - $400 bucks canadian.

Last edited:

grodii

I was looking at some of the SLR digital cameras that have a "burst mode". These camera's are obviously way outta my price range, but the shutter speed is awesome. You can take up to 30 pics a second. Wicked awesome speed. I stunt motorcycles, so I need the fast action shots that can capture without blurry'ness..

of course they start around $1,500.