File Icons

cykx

Im wondering if theres anyway to permanently change a files icon. I tried doing so but Windows just creates another a link with the Icon I choose. I want the icon to stick wheter I send trough an email or lan or any other method. Thanks.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1.Control Panel
2. Folder Options
3. File types
4. Find the filetype and change the icon :)

cykx

Oh, hadnt tought about that. But that would change all of the files under that extension. Well, will the change be permanent ? Like if i send this file will that icon remain or will it change back to its original icon ?

cykx

Oops, problem. When I try to open my file it says "Not a Win32 executeable file". Any ideas ? And sorry for bugging so much.

cykx

Its just a test program I made that displays "hi" on the screen. I made it so it ends when you press the enter key using the input command. Works fine. Executes fine. But it wont let me change the icon. Wont let me open it actually. I tried the 16 bit eXescope, didnt work either.

cykx

Oh, ok. Well thanks for the help anyway. It was very useful. And that exe editor will come in handy later on.

cykx

I know Visual Basic is mad easy, but all I really know is C, using BASIC. So im just doing what I can with what I got. What im trying to do could be much more easier with a Windows application still, Im sticking with DOS.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ok, but don't expect that your programs will have an icon. :)