file recovery

fredde

Hi,

About two years ago I deleted files that I then thought I would no longer need. However, now it turns out that I actually might need those files. The problem is that my hard drive has been 'full' at least 2 times since I deleted those files. Can I still recover the files? If so, what file-recovery program do you recomend?

Thanks

/Fred

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I once used FinalRecovery. It's pretty cool, it can recover very old deleted files. Tested on files deleted years ago and it worked fine. Unfortunately I could not recover exactly the files that I really needed... It's matter of luck...

Jimbob1989

banned
It has nothing to do with luck. It depends on if you have over written the cluster which has already been done, so there is no chance i believe.

Jimbob

fredde

Hi,
No I have not re installed windows, I'm using Win 98. However the disk has been full at least twice since I erased these files. I have install new games and other programs...
No chance to find my files then?
/Fred

fredde

Okay. it's two word documents with high school essays that I would like to recover, not that important, just wondered if it was possible with some free software that I could find on the web.

Thanks for all the answers.
/Fred

Last edited:
wow, 2 years without restore the computer, U r such unique , My comp crash on me every month or 2 month,
Does it restore the file when u use RESTORE CD