File wont delete

Fankango

i am trying to delete a file but it will not let me. it says that i don't have access. it tells me to make sure i am not using it and that it is not writen protected. what should i do?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Delete it in safe mode
2. If that doesnt work, delete it manually via recovery console :)

Fankango

how do i do safe mode. i forgot
i have another computer that has a virus can you do virus and adware scans in safemode

computerdude2004

If he has usernames he can log in as the administrator without even going into safe mode and delete the file. Once the file is deleted he can then log out and use his regular username.

Blade

i sought of...ah, forgot my admin password, is there anyway that one can reset it or somehow get in the admin user?

Super_Nova

Download the Knoppix Bootable Linux CD and use it to delete the file. I used it once to delete some irregular file names from my FTP server that some port sniffers put on there to mess with me. They were irregular and wouldn't delete under windows but Knoppix deleted them without a problem. If all else fails you can try it.

boombaby

If you are trying to delete the file in Windows, right click it and change the file type from read only to something else . You have probably already tried it