Finally got Everything Put together... And No Power Help Please :(

SkippyMcGee

New Member
So I got everything hooked up(not sure about all the wiring case wires don't seem to totally match motherboard wires for front stuff) but tried to power it up and nothing. No fan on the PSU, no lights, no noise, just silence. So I tried troubleshooting and connecting it only to the Hard Drive like PC Power and Coolings website says, well nothing again.

Do I have a DOA PSU? Or did I just hook up everything wrong. The wiring was giving me nightmares, especially the front panel wires they don't match my mother board. Plus the only way the PSU could be mounted in my case was upside down I don't know if that had anything to do with anything.

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147104

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128337

PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703009

Also never ordered from Newegg before but when I requested an RMA is appears that I have to pay for the shipping back to them? And they won't send a replacement til after they receive the part which I have to wait for them to send me a shipping label?

Please any help would be great spent better part of the last 8 hours on this horrible thing and it all seems wasted:(
 
Is the power button on the case plugged into the motherboard? Also check your motherboard do you see a light on it?
 
yes the power button was plugged into the motherboard, at least I pretty sure I had it right.

No, I didn't see a light on the motherboard.
 
Ok, if the power button isn't in the right location than it will not turn on. You should read the motherboard manual and look for pin assignments, this will tell you exactly where to plug it in. Also do you see a light on the mobo at all, on or off.
 
Ya the power from the case had a 2pin connector didn't say which was + or - but i figured it out, and connected it to the corresponding + - 2pin on the motherboard. So I think I had that right, the LED pins I have no clue the only ones that really matched up were the Power and the Reset ones.

There was no light on the motherboard when the PSU was plugged in and turned on.

The manual for the motherboard gives the example of a case made by the motherboard manufacturer the case I have has different stuff and I'm sorta clueless. I got what I think was the easy stuff connected but some stuff I just don't know.

Real problem is I can't figure out why the PSU won't turn on at all.
 
Yea the two pin connector should be the same on all cases, and the manual should tell you where to plug it in. If you think it's the PSU, than try using a different PSU(if you have one) and see if you can at least boot into the bios.
 
This is the guide right from the site it offers a better look at conecting them if the one that came with the board is confusing you.
http://america.giga-byte.com/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-ep35-(d)s3l_e.pdf
Warning it may take a few minutes to load.

Thanks but I think that's almost identical to the manual I got in the box:(

The only thing that doesn't make sense is there is 2 single LED plugs on the same wire but not connected 1 is + one is - they have no logical spot there is only a 3pin on the motherboard that says LED. And there was another 2pin that said LED too from the case. I'm assuming the HDLED goes to the hard drive didn't have that one figured out til now. And there was a 1394. Then the front panel had only 1 USB plug yet there was 2 usb ports on the panel, and 3 front usb on the board, little confused there hoping that maybe it's like 2in1 thingy.

Also the board had 4 fan spots sys fan 1, sys fan 2, cpu fan, and pwr fan. I figured the back case fan connected to the closest sys fan 1, the the FHS fan connected to cpu fan like it said, one of the front case fans to sys fan 2(yet thsi was a 4 pin not 3 like the fan but it seemed uiversal for 3 or 4, then i had pwr fan that i didn't really know where but im assuming that was for the other front case fan.

I thought the hardest part woudl be installing things(slightly more difficult then i thought but got it done(push pins are AWFUL), I had no clue the wiring would be so insane, maybe im just not good with stuff like that.

I read manuals thoroughly and look at diagrams but the case for example had HORRIBLE directions with only 1 sentence in bad english describign something with small pictures no cable directions. The PSU again was awful imo only directions on what each pin did. The motherboard manual was great but it related to a case of made by the same manufactuer which hardly related at all to my case.

Not happy right now I gotta wait for a new PSU to be RMA'd the online thing was awful and charged me, although I talked to a person there and they were extremely helpful and refunding me teh shipping and even advancing the part out so I don't have to wait for it to get there. I just hope that it was the PSU and not somethign else, since i'm still overwhelmed here, which is odd cuz i generally can figure stuff out after awhile(can't here with these wires for some stupid reason).
 
This may not be the problem, but, did you make sure you DISCHARGED ALL STATIC ELECTRICITY FROM YOU? If you didn't, it might have short-circuted something in your case
 
Back
Top