Finally realized that a Cleron sucked, so...

penguinrusty

Last edited:
looks like a pretty good set-up , and thats a pretty good psu 2, but i dunno about diabloteks crap, i bought 1 of their psu's and its a piece of crap , dont know about their gfx cards tho

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Looks good at a glance. I didn't check the specs on that PS, but you might want to make sure it's not just some cheap one that has very low amp ratings...

that psu has 32amps on the 12v rail ( i think, just glance at the page a min ago) it's a pretty solid psu, mine only has 15amps on the 12v rail

penguinrusty

bunch o' stuff: It's really the only one in my price range that's got 256mb of ram and is ATI. I mean, how bad can it be? Is there really a difference?

OtherOne: Here's the Amp ratings

115V/230V 10A/6A 60/50Hz
DC OUTPUT

[email protected] DC output

30A@5v

34A@12v

0.8A@-12v

0.3A@-5v

2A@5vSB

Edit: Thanks bunch o' stuff. I heard that a PS can really cause some problems if it't not good enough, and I just couldn't pass up the deal with the sexy case and an x-connect PS. Hopefully I'll be able to get some UV cold cathode tubes and some UV IDE cables to make this thing the blue...um...thing.

Last edited:
i really dont now much about the gfx card chipsets, i dont play that many games, its prolly aight tho

edit: and the hitachi hdd's are really good i have two of them, the 84 is about 4 years old and the 38 is about a year, i havent had any problems out of 'em :)

Last edited:

penguinrusty

Sweet. I know nothing about AMD, but I heard that they're a lot better than Intel for gaming and OC'ing. Thanks a lot guys!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If you look around you might be able to grab a 9800Pro (even if its for like an extra $20) although I must say thats a fairly comendable setup :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
So diablotek is an OK company then?
For videocards, it generally doesnt mean all that much which brands you go for ... the cheaper the better (there are some exceptions of course but DiabloTek doesnt stand out for anything negative)

Fruitcake

That setup that Penguinrusty is going to build was originally designed for me. But instead of the 9660 I am getting th 9500 i don't have as much money as him to spend right now. He's making the computer for me and I get all the stuff tommorow so well see how good everything actually is.

Last edited:

penguinrusty

No...you're getting the 9500...And anyway, I just sold my computer today, so that's the one that I am BUILDING. And I designed that setup for myself on a $600 setup a long time ago...But I was too lazy to build you a new one so I just pulled up my old IE bookmarks.