Firefox

kez350

Ok i dont know if this is a common problem but when i inport my IE bookmarks to firefox it works ok and they're there but then when i close FF and reload it they're gone and its really annoying me now as i have to import them every time themes and stuff dont dissapear thought just BM's,is it a setting? very confused :confused:

Fankango

when i got firefox i had to do it once. Have you tryed to just rebookmark them in firefox, it might take some time but they should stay.

Christopher

VIP Member
That's odd. I've searched Google and BugZilla, cannot find anything on it.

What happens if you create a new bookmark in Firefox? Try creating a new one (forget about importing the fav's for now), shut down, and reload. Does that remain?

If it works when creating new ones, try importing you IE fav's then Manage Bookmarks window choose File->Export. Save it somewhere you can find it in a second. It should be an HTML file, so just double click it. Are your IE favorites listed there? If they are, then fire up FF again. Back in the Manage Bookmarks window choose File->Import, this time choose From File and select the exported HTML file you made a second ago.

All I can think of.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
For a bug-free browsing I recommend Internet Explorer... :D :D :D

ielogo3.gif

kez350

Ok i tried to bookmark a diffrent page and that one when aswell and i also tried exporting and importing and still no success.Lol lorand the whole reason ive got Firefox is because my IE has gone weird aswell,it wont automatically redirect to new url's so theres another problem if anyone knows how to solve it :D

kb1ghc

firefox stores all your bookmarks/extentions/etc are stored at C:\Documents and Settings\<<YOUR NAME HERE>>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
uninstall firefox and delete that directory and try again