firewire port doesn't detect camcord ><

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
hey guys, i just bought an IEEE 1394 card for my uncle. The first time i hooked it up to his mini dv handcorder it worked perfectly. But when the camcorder shut up automaticaly (to save power), it stopped working. The computer wouldn't detect the camcorder and the programs wouldn't eaither. Does anyone know what's going on here!?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
its probably just got itself confused thinking the camera should be therewhen it isnt. I would uninstall the card by removing it from device manager and start again form the beginning.

ViperGTS19801

I wouldn't even go that far. When a camcorder goes into power-save mode, it does not send a signal to the computer to tell it that it's turning itself off. However, when you restart the camera, it tries to tell the computer that it's turning back on from an off state. As a result, this does confuse the computer, as dragon2309 said. Uninstalling the firewire card is overkill, though. A simple reboot should be sufficient to remedy the problem. Make sure you unplug the camera in the process.