First Boot Failing Advice welcome

Mafesto

Finally got my last bit of parts in for my newest monster. push the power and it turns on. nothing on the screen. monitor stays at standby. yet I get a beep.. common sense tells me I failed Power On somewhere. I checked all my connections and jumpers. all hooked up. my MoBo supposedly has the Reporter that speaks. yet all I get is a single Steady Beep every few seconds. no voice or anything. Help a brother out? lol

MoBo: ASUS A8N SLI Delux
Chip: AMD 64 3500+ 2.2
RAM: 2x ddr400 512mb
Video: ASUS 6800 Ultra PCI-E
Case: Sunbeam Transformer

Right now I have on the stock Heatsink for the CPU. havent upgraded it to a xp120 yet. Nothing is installed being this is first boot. ive got one Hard drive hooked up to SATA1. Floppy hooked to Floppy IDE, and a DVD hooked to Primary IDE.

im pretty stumped at this point. in my motherboards support manual it says the normal. POST runs. if it finds problems it will Beep.. (See Beep Code below) yet... no beep code below.. turn the page and it goes onto the Vocal reporter..

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
have look on the ASUS webiste for more troubleshooting, other than that im gonna take a stab in the dark and say something to do with your ram or cpu

Mafesto

Just took out both sticks of ram and swapped them with lower. 2x ddr333 184pin 512mb.. It has the same problem.. I push the power button. fans start up. light on the Floppy is solid green. still beeps once every two seconds... *sighs*

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
if the floppy is solid you've got its data cable upsidedown.
Beep Codes
1long, 2 short: Video adapter error - Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.
Repeating (endless loop): Memory error - Check for improperly seated or missing memory.
1long, 3short: No video card or bad video RAM - Reseat or replace the video card.
High frequency beeeps while running: Overheated CPU - Check the CPU fan for proper operation. Check the case for proper air flow.
Repeating High/Low: CPU - Either the CPU is not seated properly or the CPU is damaged. May also be due to excess heat. Check the CPU fan or BIOS settings for proper fan speed.

kojo97

check your PCI slot... if you have card in it try to take it out one by one and see which pci card is not working.. for me its my dv firewire card

hope this work