First build - one question

Laudanum

Finished my first build and all went well. I figured a few minor bugs out myself. I have one left (that I know of so far) that I can use some advice on. It's Regarding USB Legacy support in the Bios. It's an Asus M488TD-V EVO/USB3 board. Sometimes after boot, or wake from sleep the Keyboard or the mouse or both arent recognized and are frozen. I have to unplug and plug the usb's back in and then they are picked up. It doesnt happen all the time, but often enough. It's a Logitech wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse. There were no 2.0 USB drivers on the MB CD. I updated the 3.0 support drivers but the mouse and keyboard are on the standard USB 2.0 ports. I updated the mouse and keyboard drivers, that didnt help. Default in the Bios for USB Legacy support is Auto. There are also enable and disable options. The issue occurs with both auto and enable selected. I read that Windows supplies legacy support so there could be a conflict between the Windows operating system legacy support and that of the bios with enable or auto set in bios. So last night I set Legacy support to disable in bios. So far, through 2 boots and one wake from sleep the USB Keyboard and Mouse have been working fine. But thats not enough to assure me that the issue is fixed.

So my question is this ... What should legacy support be set at in the bios? And if I have the problem again, should I try a bios update or is there something else I should be doing? I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have read numerous times to leave bios alone unless there are issues.

Edit.. If this helps, I Just checked Asus site and there have been two bios releases since mine. My board has version 1308.
Notes for version 1401 ... Improve system stability
and for the newest version, 1404 ... Razer Tarantula usb keyboard not usable in dos.

Thanks so much.

Last edited:

Laudanum

Bump ... cause I know that most here are much smarter than me and someone has got to have an idea about my intermittent wireless USB mouse and keyboard issue.