First Build, Will this work?

I think for now I'm all set. It's going to be a project build piece by piece. I wish I could grab all of it at once, but alas I cant..

Any suggestions on build order?
 
I like the Silverstone better, plus its a single rail.
True, singlerail is a nice feature. I have the higher end version of the 750, the 1000watt version of it, ive used silverstone, corsair, pc power and cooling, just about every major power supply out there and there are only two power supplies i would trade mine for, the 1200W turbocool from pcp&c, or the new antec 1200W. The cooling is great on these units(heatpipes on them route the heat to a set of fins at the rear), the +12v lines are super stable(less than .01v change on my unit at approximately a 700W load when i had dual gpu's as well as testing a 158W TEC, measured using the relative function on my multimeter). The only true downside is having to balance the rails:mad:
 
Turbocool 1200 is a nice P/S. Something like 1200W peak with 100 amps. peak on the 12V rail. Its a killer man:D
Yeah, if i had the money for one i would own it, i know a few guys running them on quad sli setups, just shy of 1100W draw from the wall:eek: Pcp&C needs to lower their prices though, that antec 1200W was able to pull like 1600W in one test i saw.
 
Pcp&C needs to lower their prices though,

I wonder what the deal is on that. Stock ran low and then when they got stock back in, prices went up about 30 bucks from the 610 and up. Zip kept there prices lower though. Now they are running out again. Been using Silverstones in most of my builds because PCs were to hard to find or to high.

Sent them a couple of Emails about it and never got a reply:confused:.
 
I wonder what the deal is on that. Stock ran low and then when they got stock back in, prices went up about 30 bucks from the 610 and up. Zip kept there prices lower though. Now they are running out again. Been using Silverstones in most of my builds because PCs were to hard to find or to high.

Sent them a couple of Emails about it and never got a reply:confused:.
pcp&c is still somewhat of a lower volume company even though OCZ owns them, so the prices still tend to be a bit higher. Newegg always changes prices according to stock though i think, because at one point ive seen the 750 at $149 at newegg and the 610 nearly $119 before, while zzf has them at 79 or so for the 610 and $120 or so on the 750. The true reason i think the turbocools are so expensive is just because of the market they serve, lower volume high end units(kind of a catch 22, expensive because the volume is low, volume is low because its expensive).
 
Nobody much thinks about them. But the BFG Tech EX-1200 is not a bad supply for the price. Not for sure if Enhance or Topower makes that one. But not a bad deal for around 250 bucks.
 
Thanks for the tip. I was actually thinking something along those lines. As the MoBo I've got can handle up to 16GB, and there are slots to hold a lot of memory. So if I filled it up with 4GB each time, I'd have more memory than the system would know what to do with..
Really you would lose dual channel instantly running a 4gb DIMM, the 4gb dimm's dont overclock extremely well, and by the time you need more than 8gb you will probably want a new motherboard anyhow.
 
Back
Top