Flickering textures in every game

skovdam

Hello all

I hope i can get some help here since the threads i find about fixing flickering isnt doing anything.

havent had any problems until i reinstalled my system to factory settings (i have every software fully updated again.), but after the reinstall every game has this wierd texture flickering nothing else has problems (browser, videoes, music, other sounds, photoshop, etc.).
I have linked a video where you can see an example from the game "The Forest". Doesnt matter if the game is new or old, or what setting i run a game in.

I dont have any other lag or problems in the games, its just the flickering.

Tried:
Change refresh rate (60, 120 and 144).
Swap caples on the screens and swap ports (HDMI).
Disable fullscreen optimization for the games i try to run.
Watched the temp and its staple with no wierd or sudden change.

System:
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Intel core i7-9700K 3.60GHz CPU
16 GB Ram
NVidia GeForce RTX 2070
Windows installed on Corsair Force 3 SSD
Game installed on Samsung SSD 860 EVO
2 BenQ screens

If there is anything you want me to try please do explain it in simple terms as im not an expert at computers and english is not my main language.

Thank you for your time and effort

beers

Staff member
Was about to say, which driver package did you install? Usually the auto install ones get the system going, but you'd have a better experience with the latest ones.

skovdam

Tried installing through the link.. it installed and didnt complain about me already having the driver, but no change, still flickering...

normaly i update navidia through GeForce Experience since i tought that updated all i needed

skovdam

Would i be able to test it by simply removing the card.. i dont have a spare card laying around. Dont know if integrated gpu is a thing

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your cpu does have integrated graphics, so you could try that. I'm not sure how good it will be or if it will even be playable.

skovdam

Its just to test if stuff stills flickers to find the problem area.. just one thing..
Once i remove the gpu how do i connect a screen.. the gpu has the hdmi ports.. and where do i place the disconnected 6 + 8 pin cable thats attaching to the gpu inside og the mashine?

EDIT:
Okay, i think i need to send my pc to a repair guy... after taking the gpu out and then not being able to figure out how to connect the screen without it, i placed it back into the case and now when i turn it on every problem i had before is worse... colors arent showing correct sound comes out off (is the best way i can descripe it), when looking at the task manager preformens while the game is on it show everyhing is normal exept the gpu its jumping all over the place 4% usages up to 85%... without moving and looking at the ground.. temp is steady at 42-44 degrees

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can just tie up the cables to something. Your motherboard should have either a VGA, DVI, HDMI or Display port connection on the back to hook the monitor up to.

skovdam

Just in case the repair guy i found cant fix the card any chance you can recomend new card for me? If you need any extra info just tell me what to post

skovdam

when looking in "system information" it says

BaseBord manifacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
BaseBord Product: MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B51)
BaseBord Version: 1

hope that is correct

skovdam

Okay cant see apperently.

After @beers showed an image and pointing out that i should have to port it appeared before my seight :)

Other than being insanly laggy and almost melting my pc without a gpu the stuttering/flickering is gone..

So now ill try either taking the card apart myself seing if i can see something wrong, send the card to someone so they can fix it or buy a new card..

Thanks everyone and if one of you have a recomendation for a card to get if i go that route feel free to post it :)

skovdam

Just for the heck of it i tried taking the gpu apart and cleaned it, placed new paste onto the chip (there was alot of paste on the board around the chip so i cleaned that off too) moved a wire that looked like it was being pressed..

and by some miracle it fixed it... no more stuttering, all my games runs better than before (for some reason).

Thank you all again :D FIXED IDK how.

beers

Staff member
(there was alot of paste on the board around the chip so i cleaned that off too)
I've seen an issue like that about 20 years ago, GPU refused to POST whatsoever but it looked like someone took a time machine and put the video card in Nickelodeon's Double Dare where it got super slimed after pulling off the heatsink. Cleaned up with rubbing alcohol and applied correctly, card worked 100% no problem.

Glad you got 'er sorted out.