Formatting Error 0x80070057 / BootMGR Missing

racjr4777

same problem

I have the same problem with my dell inspiron 32 bit...I send you a message star i hope you will reply to help me..

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I have the same problem with my dell inspiron 32 bit...I send you a message star i hope you will reply to help me..

You can't send messages, you don't have enough posts. Tell us exactly what has happened to your machine.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned

Yes I got your message.
Lets start from the beginning.Can you go into the BIOS?
If yes,does the BIOS detect the hard disk drive?

Please answer on that so I will know what to do next.

Cheers!
Oh and...I hate laptop TOSHIBA hard disk drives...don't ask me why :D

racjr4777

my laptop is dell inspiron 1440
CPU: Core 2 dou
Ram:2gb
HDD: 300Gb
CD/DVD drive

its original OS was windows vista so I change it to Windows 7 ultimate its a downloaded OS from torrent. so its cracked...

so before it was broken. it normally hangs allot so what I did was I dont normally shutdown my computer until when I turned on the computer the computer says "Bootmgr is missing Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart"...
the CD/Drive works fine...
There is no OS on my HDD because I already formatted it...when I try to install the OS windows 7 it suddenly hangs...so stop installing it...

when I try to install the OS again this message appear"Windows could not format a partition on disk 0. the error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070057" how will I fix my laptop?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
We can't help you if you have a nongenuine operating system from a torrent, its against our rules.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
hi i am having the exact same problem and have a legit OS. could you help me out?

Thanks!

You aren't giving us anything to go on. Are you trying to install an operating system or did it just pop up saying bootmgr missing?