FPS Help!!

Watzzupp

Hi all, Since none of you answered my previous post on what to buy for a digital tv card i bought one.

I've struck a few problems but the one im most concerned about is when i record (in mpeg2)its fine but when i try to play it back it plays all jerkey. So i looked at the file property and found that its in 50 fps. Ive tried converting with tsunami mpeg encoder but it locks up. Ive tried dvdx and it ends up out of sync.
So my question is: does anyone know of any programs that can convert a 50fps mpeg 2 file to a 25fps Mpeg 2 file

Thanx in advance
DEZZAR(Wattzupp :cool: )

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I think the problem is when capturing video it puts a big load on the system and doesn't capture all the frames not the FPS of the video

Watzzupp

No, im pretty sure its the fps because ive only got bout 25% cpu usage when recording.
Besides i can play the files fine within the DTV program (which must have the capability to play 50 fps (deinterlaced)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
So my question is: does anyone know of any programs that can convert a 50fps mpeg 2 file to a 25fps Mpeg 2 file
There isnt a clean and simple way about it but then again it wouldnt be fun if it was simple. The simplest solution would be to convert to MPEG4 (i.e., AVI), readjust the framerate (because its so much easier to do with AVIs) and reencode back to MPEG2. Or alternatively, you can try brute force MPEG2 encoding it (and I mean proper MPEG2 not a hack job with the MPEG2 'codec' -- I mean 480x480/576 @ 29.97/25 fps) .. dont count on the 2nd method there being easy/perfect but it might work

No, im pretty sure its the fps because ive only got bout 25% cpu usage when recording.
Bottleneck is prolly the HDD :)