Fraps counter goes red and 15FPS

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey all,

what does it mean when the Fraps counter on your screen when playing a game goes red?

for the past couple of days i would be playing warrock and be getting around 65-70FPs fine for some time and then all of a sudden it would go realy laggy and my fraps would drop to 15FPS and the fraps counter goes red.

but after a few minuites it goes back normal again to yellow and i get 65-70FPS again:confused:

ADE

banned
you pressed the record button to make a movie. that is why it goes red. the non full version only records 30 seconds then goes back to not recording.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
you pressed the record button to make a movie. that is why it goes red. the non full version only records 30 seconds then goes back to not recording.

ahh thats what was happening...i set it up wrong,i usualy set Print screen as my screenshot button but for some strange reason i set it up as record clip:D

sorted it now thanks:D

Geoff

VIP Member
As ADE said, when it goes red it means your recording a video, which drastically reduces your framerate. And the video files are uncompressed, so they are several GB's for just a few minutes of video.