Friend's Computer Build

Kornowski

VIP Member
My friend is thinking of building a computer pretty soon.

We've taken a quick look and we've found this so far;

£100 for an E8400. (I suggested Quad, but he's wanting it for gaming so... We could OC the 8400 to 3.8Ghz or so... Don't start a bitching flame war over this!)

£170 for a 4870. (Anything a bit lower in price but with good performance on the ATI side? I know there's the 8800GT maybe, that's pretty cheap.)

£60 for 4GB OCZ DDR2 1066Mhz.

What about a MOBO and PSU. He may go crossfire at a later date, but it's a big may.

I was thinking something like the OZC Stealth 600Watt PSU would be enough and it's a good price.

Any thoughts or ideas. Thanks!
 
GA-EP43-DS3L and OCZ StealthXStream 600W

Too bad you can't use Newegg :( They're StealthXStream is $39.99 after rebates! :eek:
 
For the video card, something a bit cheaper in the ATi side is the HD4850, for the price, definitely better than any of the 8800 series. For mobo, basically any P35 or P43/P45 from GIGABYTE, ASUS or DFI if possible...
 
Here is what I think is the best card for the price right now. You can take these cards up around 780 MHz core without any problems...gotta manually crank up the fan though. :P I crank my Evga up to 90% fan and have never seen a temp over 65c. This is a sick card that can have the crap over clocked out of it. ;) You will pay about $60-$80 more for an ATI 4870. I am not sure where you can get it there but give it a thought!:D

XFX GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) for about $220 U.S. dollars.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150292

And it comes with a free game!

XION II case
ASUS P5N-E 650i mobo
Intel Q9300 @2.875 GHz
Corsair XMS2 Pro 4x1 GB
Evga 9800 GTX @760 MHz
Antec Neo Power 650w PSU
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, guys! :D

Yeah, The 4850 does look really good. I'll have to speak to him about it, see what he really wants out of the system.

Funky, Haha. Nah, The MOBO doesn't even work properly, it's still borked! I'm getting a Quad though! ;)

So, the P45 and P35 chipests are the ones to look at?
 
what is his max budget and is that with/without OS,monitor,keyboard etc?

Where did you see that ram for that awesome price?
 
Back
Top