From vista to windows xp

amanites

New Member
I have autocad on cds which I used to run when I had windows xp but now I have windows vista autocad doesnt work.Can someone please help by either advising on how to change my pc back to windows xp or how I can run my version of autocad using my pc with vista.Thanks
 
Hi amanites,

from usa.autodesk.com:

Solution

AutoCAD 2010 is compatible with the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista Enterprise, Business, Ultimate, and Home Premium (SP1).

AutoCAD 2008, AutoCAD 2009, and AutoCAD LT 2009 are compatible with the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise.

AutoCAD LT 2008 is compatible with the 32-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise.

Service Pack 2 for AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD LT 2007 adds support for Windows Vista 32-bit versions for these releases. To download Service Pack 2, use one of the following links depending on your product:

AutoCAD 2007

AutoCAD LT 2007

AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 for Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Structure 3

AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 for Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Structure 4

AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 for Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Building 9.0

AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 for Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Building 9.1

Note: For AutoCAD-based vertical products, refer to the System Requirements information in the installation documentation located on the product installation media. These products may or may not support all of the operating systems listed for the corresponding AutoCAD versions.

I really don't think you would have to downgrade your OS to run Autocad. Perhaps you just need the latest updates. Or a newer version. Where did you get the Autocad CDs? Can you obtain a newer version from the same source? What happens when you try to run it w/ the CDs you have now?
 
Last edited:
Try right clicking on the shortcut icon, then go to properties. After that go to the compatibility tab. Then check run this program in combatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2.
 
Back
Top