Fsb=100mhz Wtf?

kof2000

it should read 400mhz but i went and clicked the banner about this board and tried out crucials system detect program and it saids my fsb is 100mhz lol.

kof2000

i THINK it saids 100mhz fsb cuz is a 4x multiplier. lol cuz i think thats right cuz i tried with the 3.ghz prescott p4 w/800fsb same way and their site reads it as 200mhzfsb.

kof2000

hmmm... i could of swear one of my ram module is a 2100 but then again i dont think i remember, it was awhile ago, the program detect both of them 2700 but the bios reads as 2100 lol i guess thats what they mean buy 2700 but messages at 2100 lol

anyways

cpuz.jpg

tristan

did you do those settings yourself? the 26 multi?

have you tried clearing cmos? if so same results?

tristan

yeah, it should be in a manual. if not look hard for 3 pins on your motherboard with a jumper on 2. Look at the fine print next to the pins and it should say "CMOS" if so turn comp off, unplug it from the power cord and move the jumpers from 1+2 to 2+3, let it sit for a few minutes, then move it back to 1+2 and plug and turn on.

If you have looked EVERYWHERE and cant find anything, then just unplug, and pop out the BIOS battery for a few min, and put it back in.

tristan

you wont be able to change your Multiplier but you can change your FSB with a program called ClockGen. just be carefull of your temperatures.

tristan

Just reading your post in Hmonitor I wouldnt touch your clock setttings, your temp is high as it is.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Your clock is SUPPOSED to be 100Mhz (or roughly so, it never is but usually 99-101) ... the "400" that everyone hears about (due to very VERY successful marketing) is a result of QDR (quad data rate, i.e., quad-pumping) ... 100x4 = 400 ... the fancy 800MHz boards are running 200Mhz (which is then quadpumped) ... if you look at the box labeled busspeed you can see the 400Mhz value

Hope this clears things up