Game Controller: Input on right analog registers input on left

Kaega2

I don't know if I just overuse my controllers or what, but I have this issue that has affected multiple of my controllers and I'm looking for a game controller that will be reliable.

The issue I'm having is when I move the right analog stick it causes input to register on the left. Here is a video to demonstrate. In the right I'm moving the left analog in circles, and then the right. I do each one twice.

It's actually gotten worse since I made that video, and now causes characters to walk when I'm just trying to move the camera.

I'm pretty sure the issue is with the controller, but I have 3 controllers that are doing the same thing. I have a Madcatz Saitek Cyborg controller, and two Wii U controllers through a Mayflash adapter. I've tested both Wii U controllers on multiple computers with two different adapters (I bought a second adapter because I thought that might be the issue). I notice that one Wii U controller is noticeably worse than the other, so that's why I think the controllers are at fault.

So there's a few things I want to ask.
Does anyone else have this problem with their controllers?
Is it normal for one axis to affect another to some degree?
I was thinking of getting an XBox One controller, any thoughts on how it performs?

Thanks

UnholyVision

I have a Madcatz Saitek Cyborg controller, and two Wii U controllers through a Mayflash adapter.
Checking out the manufactures website shows me that some devices have firmware updates. Have you checked to see if there are any updates for your device? It could potentially fix said problem.

Did this adapter come with any drivers? Maybe try a different driver if possible.

Kaega2

I don't have the madcatz anymore, so I can't be sure with that one. I have done the latest firmware update for the Mayflash adapter. To my knowledge all it does is allow you to switch the buttons around so they're in the same position as an xbox controller.

I have installed the Drivers also.

I'm guessing you don't have this problem with any of your gamepads?

UnholyVision

I'm guessing you don't have this problem with any of your gamepads?
I was only suggesting standard problems within Windows and software. I have none of the problems you have mentioned to my knowledge as I don't use Microsoft OS's as I'm on Linux with controllers using the provided drivers from the Linux kernel. If a firmware update, driver change, et cetera doesn't fix it, then in the world of Windows it's hard to diagnose some problems beyond a point. (Not trying to sound like there is no hope). That being said I've been out of the loop on Windows for a while and could just be forgetting something. Hopefully someone on Windows can further assist you.

If they can't you may want to contact Mayflash for technical support. Because you are connecting everything through that device & its drivers.
http://mayflash.com/contact/

OmniDyne

Can anyone confirm if this happens, even a little, with an XBox One gamepad on PC?

Been using an Xbox One controller for years with Windows 10. Never had a problem, and it's plug and play; no adapter needed. I love it.

Sounds like the Mayflash adapter is at fault somehow. I can't imagine all of those controllers are at fault.

Kaega2

In the past I could always see the crossover in the Gamepad utility for Windows, but games were mostly fine. Now that it has been affecting games I decided to test it on my Wii U again. I was able to reproduce the issue, it's just something to do with the controllers.

I have a theory that the controllers combine the data for the two analogs into the same packet or signal right from the PCB, and a little cross over is expected. I believe when the hardware degrades this crossover can just get larger and larger. I have had these controllers for a couple of years now, and I use them A LOT.

Have any of you tested your controller in a utility that shows the raw input? I'm asking because a little bit of input often doesn't show in most games. OmniDyne, if you're in windows can you open the "Set up USB Game Controllers" control panel (you can literally type my quotes to find it) and see what the input shows?

Kaega2

I found a friend with an XBox One controller to test this for me. It seems it doesn't have the problem at all.

Thank you for all the help.