Game loading way too much

SavaDrMr

So ive had this problem pretty much since ive built my current pc. Everything is working perfectly except for few 'more demanding' games. For example latest Mortal Kombat 1 game, takes ages to get into and then when it loads a fight its runs perfectly with max fps (in this case 60 because game doesnt have anymore), and when i need to go back into main menu or something it takes ages again... Few more games it happend in are Resident Evil, Detroit Become Human, Need For Speed Unbound... I'll post my pc specs below and hopefully someone had a similiar problem or knows how to fix it, thanks in advance!

B550M AORUS with 16 RAM
AMD Ryuzen 7 5700X
RTX 3060 12gb

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What bios version are you on? Is it the Elite or Pro version of the motherboard?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Thats not listing the correct bios version. Can you access the bios and see what it says?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That makes sense now, you must have revision 1.3. 1.0-1.2 does not have the same bios updates. I was hoping there was an update that may give more system stability but its only with Ryzen 5000 X3D cpus which you don't have. I'm not sure where to direct you at this point. Unless maybe the build process wasn't done correctly as far as the standoffs go. The standoffs are the metal pieces that go between case and motherboard to protect from being shorted out. Maybe someone else has an idea.

SavaDrMr

That makes sense now, you must have revision 1.3. 1.0-1.2 does not have the same bios updates. I was hoping there was an update that may give more system stability but its only with Ryzen 5000 X3D cpus which you don't have. I'm not sure where to direct you at this point. Unless maybe the build process wasn't done correctly as far as the standoffs go. The standoffs are the metal pieces that go between case and motherboard to protect from being shorted out. Maybe someone else has an idea.
So is the best and cheapest solution to buy a new motherboard, or do i need to get a different cpu?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well we don't know what the issue could be. What kind of HDD or SDD are you using?

SavaDrMr

Do you have the full specs of all your computer parts?

https://gigatron.rs/memorije/kingston-renegade-8gb-ddr4-3200mhz-cl16-kf432c16rb8-424264 (x2)

Intel_man

VIP Member
Those Kingston drives are pretty bottom barrel stuff when it comes to sata SSD's, which could lead to the horrible load times you're experiencing.

Your best bet is likely to invest in a NVME M.2 SSD. Your motherboard supports up to Gen 4 PCI-E drives, which long term wise would be the ones to get. Gen 3 PCI-E drives are a bit more affordable, although both have come down in price.

A minimum of 1TB is probably something I'd recommend to get for the OS drive so you can install a few games on it as well without running out of space.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I gotta say your problem would be the sata ssd's. You need to get NVME drives.

SavaDrMr

Thank you both for helping me out i will definetly look into getting new NVME Drives. Played MK today all day, after the first hour/hour and half loads normally fast, Do you think its still the SATA problem?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check to make sure you don't have any unnecessary programs running at bootup that could be causing a delay. The A400's are probably the bottom of the barrel SSD's. You will definitely see way better performance from an NVME drive. Your board supports Gen 4 and would be faster than Gen 3 so I would get those.

500gb Samsung 980 pro - https://gigatron.rs/ssd/samsung-ssd-500gb-980-pro-nvme-m2-mz-v8p500bw-392652
1tb Crucial P5 - https://gigatron.rs/ssd/crucial-ssd-p5-plus-1tb-pcie-m2-2280-ct1000p5pssd8-467891

I'm partial to Samsung but knowing your finances did both depending on what size you want. There are others to choose from on that site as well. Would recommend the 1TB Samsung 980 pro if you can afford it.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Thank you both for helping me out i will definetly look into getting new NVME Drives. Played MK today all day, after the first hour/hour and half loads normally fast, Do you think its still the SATA problem?
Yes, sounds like a slow caching behaviour when reading from the SSD initially.

SavaDrMr

Wondering if i can connect the new ssd without removing the 2 ssds on sata, and then just reinstall certain games on the new drive because most games work fine on sata ssds?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you can, because the NVME SSD's will use these connectors that are labeled 1 and 2.

Connector 1 is Gen 4 but connector 2 is only Gen 3 capable.

b550m elite.jpg

SavaDrMr

Yeah i know i can, i was just wondering if it would make any problems but i just finished reinstalling Mortal Kombat 1 on the new drive and its loading amazing. I cant thank you enough, both of you!!