Gaming computer configuration, VR ready

Lasanja42

Hello community! :)

I don't have that much knowledge about computer hardware but I want to make my own configuration for a new gaming computer. I'm playing games like Call of duty Warzone and I'm about to buy a VR set, so I want something good enough to handle high end VR.
I selected all the components but I'm not sure if they are compatible. I would be happy if you could help me to make sure everything fits and works together or give me suggestions on other components for me!

Budget: max. 1200 €

Midi-Case: Cooltek TG-01
Mainboard: MSI X470 gaming plus max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600 Kit, CMK16GX4M2D3600C18, Vengeance LPX
GPU: PNY Quadro P2200
Power supply: Sharkoon WPM Gold zero 550W, 4x PCIe
SSD: Crucial P2 1TB, PCIe 3.0, M.2
HDD: WD WD10EZEX 1TB, Sata 6GB/s
CPU-cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Silver
WIFI-card: D-Link DWA-131

Specific questions:
1. Is the case big enough for all components?
2. Do I need an additional fan for the case or are the included fans enough?
3. Is 550W enough power for my system?
4. Is the GPU a good choice for games like COD Warzone and for VR games?
5. In the specifications of the mainboard I read that the graphics slots in the mainboard are only usable when I have a CPU with iGPU. Does that mean I can't use the AMD Ryzen with this mainboard because it doesn't have an iGPU?
6. Are all components compatible together?

Thanks so much for your help!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
1. You need to verify that the case has enough clearance for the cpu cooler.
2. As long as the case as a front and a rear fan, should be ok. Might need more fans later though. Does the case have other fan location options?
3. All depends on what video card you would use.
4. That Quadro video card isn't for gaming it's for a different application. These are the requirements for that game. https://support.activision.com/call...nd-recommended-specs-for-call-of-duty-warzone Just depends on how good you want to play it.
5. Not sure where you read that. When inserting a video card into the pci express slot, it will over ride any integrated graphics. There are some boards that offer hybrid video that utilize both though.
6. Seems to be, except as I already noted above.