Gaming input??

mtg100

Hi, my computer (elonex exentia) has inputs in the back so i can plug my playstation in, they are the red yellow and white ones (not quiet sure what they are called) anyway, i plug it in and i can see the game im playing and everything on the computer screen but whenever i do something with the controller there is a large delay before it moves on the screen making it impossible to play. does anyone know what i can do to stop this happening? (i know there is nothing wrong with the inputs as i have used them to plug my digital tv reciever in.)

thanks in advance for any help

Computer System:
elonex exentia
intel pentium 4 processor 3.2GHZ
512mb ram
Windows XP (SP2) Media Edition
200GB hardrive

Trizoy

VIP Member
Hmm are you using wireless controller for video game? Do you have other cpu heavy applications open and runnning while you get this lag? Interesting sytem by the way...

http://goldfish.elonex.co.uk/ORDER/ORDER.DLL?ID=779034e8f71b45b7829695c80ad7b672&HI=2&LO=7&DB=60347592&NAME=<b>DIGITAL+HOME+PC+RANGE+<br>Microsoft+Windows+XP+Media+Center+Edition+2005<br><br></b><i>-+Artisan<br>-+Exentia<br>-+Lumina</i><BR><br>

mtg100

nope nothing else running at all and the controller is wired :S im thinking the maybe its something to do with windows media though, what does interesting system mean :S

Trizoy

VIP Member
It means I found a link and it looked interesting. Little expensive though. Did you call elonex? The cords are called RCA cords. When you plug into your tv the console works fine? Can you plug the game directly into the back of your monitor? Do you have the latest drivers from the websites? Mainly the media center driver. Thats all I have.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I wouldn't think this would be a problem, but try to increase the window size by doubling it, and such. This was more of a problem with older computer not able to handle odd window sizes, but I wouldn't think such a problem would happen on you're computer. Who knows, though. Perhaps it's not the best capture card and something's acting up...

mtg100

i plug the console striaght into the coputer (it is all-in-one) so im not sure if it goes directly to the monitor, i surpose so. where do i get the latest drivers from?