Gaming Laptop, I CHOOSE YOU!

CaptPlanet

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me find a good gaming laptop. I'm looking for something with at least 1 gig of RAM, 2 GHz processor speed, 14" + monitor, and at least 60 gb harddrive space. I'm hoping for something in the 1200-1500$ (USD) price range, but I can go higher if need be. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Lax

VIP Member
eMachine, Asus, Acer. They all make nice gaming laptops for 1300-2000$ US so you just need to look around and find the one you want.

Advitiya Saxena

Why people need gaming laptops.....

My frd's two emachine fu*ked in 12 months....

AMD 64 or P4 with some 128+ dedicated VRAM....

if u can invest then look into HP n DELL systems

X24

Really, i think its time for me to adress this.

Gaming laptops:
if you want something for gaming your best bet is a desktop, they will offer more preformance for much less, and even the best laptop can't keep up with a good desktop.

another thing, a gaming laptop most of the time defeats the purpose of a laptop, they are mostly very big.

I really wished i would have gotten the averatec laptop since i am getting a gaming desktop.

Now, the only real reason i see for gaming laptop is for people who need a gaming computer to take to more then one place, like if your parents split up, and u go to each of their houses, or if you need to go somewhere everyday and want to game.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
X24 said:
Gaming laptops:
if you want something for gaming your best bet is a desktop, they will offer more preformance for much less, and even the best laptop can't keep up with a good desktop.
yes, it is cheaper to get a desktop, but they arent portable
X24 said:
Now, the only real reason i see for gaming laptop is for people who need a gaming computer to take to more then one place, like if your parents split up, and u go to each of their houses, or if you need to go somewhere everyday and want to game.
or......if you want to be in more then one room in the house. or go on long journeys. the reasons for laptops are endless.

if he asks for help with a gaming laptop, help him.

now then, CaptPlanet, as already said, take a look at dells range of laptops. although some people on here will say that dell make crap computers.

EDIT: what games are you liekly to be playing?

Last edited:

X24

Yes, i can help him, but most of the time i find people just think its cool to have a gaming laptop, rather then have a reason.

If you want a gaming laptop, then look at the dell I9300, it is an awesome machine, i have it, and i do use it, but i still wish i had the averatec, or just something lighter. although it is convenient to be able to go visit family and be able to play just like on ur desktop.

alanuofm

VIP Member
elmar he was merely suggesting to captplanet the downsides and upsides of having a gaming laptop to prevent him from making a 2000$ mistake.

personally i currently use an inspiron 9100 and 600m and are both top of the line machines. the 9100 is 10.9 pounds while the 600m is a mere 5 pounds. the 9100 blows the 600m out of the water but im on the 600m probably about 95% of the time. you can't beat a 5 hour battery life for taking your laptop to class.

alanuofm

VIP Member
CaptPlanet said:
Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me find a good gaming laptop. I'm looking for something with at least 1 gig of RAM, 2 GHz processor speed, 14" + monitor, and at least 60 gb harddrive space. I'm hoping for something in the 1200-1500$ (USD) price range, but I can go higher if need be. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

what are you going to be doing with this laptop besides gaming? are you currently in college? do you prefer portability? what about battery life?