Gaming rig compatibility

With you budget Id personally suggest getting this graphics card instead.

BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported OC Edition:
14-143-071-08.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143071

I hope you're joking...That cards ancient.

@CmoAMD: Don't listen to this suggestion.
 
Haha I'm not sure why he suggested that I haven't even listed a budget. I said earlier I'm keeping the GTX 280. I wanna keep that board since it's 790i Ultra SLI. I know it's DDR3 ram and it's more expensive but it's fine by me. Any other thoughts on the final setup?

Oh and did anyone know the difference between the cases?
 
Last edited:
its said to be late september/early october, people are guessing that the cheapest of the nehalems will be around 284 dollars/thousand, probably 350 after price gouging, asus is also going to release an x58 board with sli and crossfire support, figure around 350 for that too, and you'll need 3gb sets of ddr3 ram
 
its said to be late september/early october, people are guessing that the cheapest of the nehalems will be around 284 dollars/thousand, probably 350 after price gouging, asus is also going to release an x58 board with sli and crossfire support, figure around 350 for that too, and you'll need 3gb sets of ddr3 ram

Ok so im guessing its a processor. Why should I wait for it? What are the benefits? I looked it up just now on wikipedia, I dont really understand it other than it supports ddr3 better?
 
Ok so im guessing its a processor. Why should I wait for it? What are the benefits? I looked it up just now on wikipedia, I dont really understand it other than it supports ddr3 better?
It supports DDR3 only. It's a new processor from Intel, and beneftis are... well, it's faster and more powerful. It's a multitasking monster and somewhere I heard that they can perform up to 30% faster clock-for-clock than Core2 CPUs... not sure about te last bit of info.
 
I've read that the cheapest nehalem can beat the QX9770. Not sure if it's true but damn...

and Asus' P6T Deluxe is just orgasmic.


Plus they have new technology, Triple Channel instead of the Dual Channel RAM support!
 
I've read that the cheapest nehalem can beat the QX9770. Not sure if it's true but damn...

and Asus' P6T Deluxe is just orgasmic.


Plus they have new technology, Triple Channel instead of the Dual Channel RAM support!

well how much is the cheapest if it's better than qx? They are quad core right?
 
The last time I checked, they come in varients of Quad, and Eight. Price ranging from $300~ to all the way past $1000. The core i7's are categorized under Mainstream, Performance, and Extreme.

The cheapest mainstream version is suggested at $284.
 
Back
Top