GOING CRAZY! No Post No Boot, please help.

ericparnell

New Member
Hey Everyone,
Hoping someone on here will know what to do in my situation.

I have a Dell Dimension 9150- Pentium D 2.8 dual core

For sometime I haven't had a splash screen on start up but never thought anything of it until now. Yesterday I tried to install Windows 7 but was informed I need to do this through BIOS menu and tell the computer to boot off the disk.

I tried hitting f2, f12, f8 to try to get something other than my regular boot up to XP. When I hit f8 nothing happens, normal boot up. f2 or f12 the screen just stays black and doesn't go into windows at all and diagnostic lights 1,2 and 3 come on.

SO I researched and tried clearing the CMOS by changing this plastic piece from pins 1 & 2 to 2 & 3 then back again. I tried this code to reset BIOS (something like, hit alt e, alt f, then alt c or something)

Still nothing so I tried removing the battery from the motherboard (this is all stuff I found on Dell forums) did that over night then put it back in and NOW my computer won't boot up at all. It powers on but screen stays blank, gives me lights 1,2, & 3 (which Dell diagnostics list under problems of "other"- then tell you to call Dell for $59 expired warranty tech support, no thanks!)
And it beeps twice.

Don't know what to do... Anybody know what I can do to save my computer? Your help would be greatly appreciated, I'm broke and can't afford a new machine or even the tech support but need my computer to work. Please help!
 
Check the RAM sticks and anything else that you might have knocked loose when removing the CMOS battery. Also, try booting with only one stick of RAM at a time (try both sticks one at a time).
 
K checked RAM and pulled sticks, tried my pair of 256mbs and same problem, then tried my pair of 1GBs and still lights 123 and two beeps. Any other ideas? I'm ready to try whatever. I have everything backed up so I'm not worried about losing info just want to get to where I can install Win 7
 
Also I did have some Virus issues a while back, don't know if I ever fully got rid of them. Could that have something to do with it?
 
You might also have messed up something in the BIOS settings after you pulled out the CMOS battery. Right when the computer starts up press the Delete, F1 or F2 key. One of those usually gets you into a BIOS. Your start up priority should be the hard drive first.
 
Back
Top