good quality thermal pads

bahferretboy

New Member
Hi guys,

Posted this in cooling section but no answers there yet :(
There is a 3mm gap between my heatsink and CPU, so can't use thermal paste.

Can anyone list me good manufacturers of thermal pads? And places online where I can buy them?
I've been loking online for almost a whole day and still can't find any places that sell them! :(

Thanks a lot for any help :)
 
You shouldn't make a new thread, rather bump the old one. But anyways: in any event, 3mm gap is WAY too much, if you're really having a gap that big the heatsink is either incorrectly mounted or something else has gone awry; no thermal pads can fill in that much of a gap, the processor and the heatsink will still need to be in contact. Even if you put a pad in there, you'll most likely fry it (or have it shutting itself down due to overheating) as those things are only designed to assist in heat transfer, not do it by themself.
 
Hiya,
maybe I misjudged the gap. It could be around 2mm intead?
When there's no pad or compound between the heatsink and processor, there is definately a gap though, that is too tall for paste to fill.

Does anyone know where to buy thermal pads from?!

Hackapelite, are you sure the heatsink and cpu should be making contact? I've heard a few stories where others have had this gap too
 
Hiya,
maybe I misjudged the gap. It could be around 2mm intead?
When there's no pad or compound between the heatsink and processor, there is definately a gap though, that is too tall for paste to fill.

Does anyone know where to buy thermal pads from?!

Hackapelite, are you sure the heatsink and cpu should be making contact? I've heard a few stories where others have had this gap too

As said, there really shouldn't be a gap, at all. the thermal paste should be all you need. Go back and make sure that you are installing it properly :)
 
Back
Top