good setup?

LittleHoov

well it would handle those just wonderfully i would say, but you also need to plan ahead too, the Intel is the greatest at playing todays games, let alone tomorrows.

LittleHoov

hahaha...whoops talk about typos eh? what i meant to say was "the Intel IS NOT the greatest at playing todays games" i apologize for such an atrocity

wanted:money

about the processor you posted about, that one has a lower frequency rating then the one i posted doesn't that mean its slower? sorry for the dumb questions

LittleHoov

yes it does have a lower clock frequency, but when it comes to a CPU thats only the tip of the iceberg...the way AMDs work is different than Intel, they have different instructional sets, the end result is the same, but the way it works out is that the AMDs do more in one clock cycle than an Intel, hence the lower frequency, because it takes less cycles to do the same amount of work..someone else can explain it better than i can..the bus speed on the 64 is also over twice as fast as the one you posted, that alone would make a HUGE difference, the 64 also has a larger cache, making it even faster..i hope someone else can chime in and explain it better, i know what im trying to say, its just the saying of it.....maybe someone should do a CPU 101 post around here? questions of this type seem to come up alot, and we need to let people know that clock frequency is definetely not everything.

sorry for rambling on about AMD vs Intel...i got which post i was replying to confused a little, but that information is somewhat relevant i guess.

LittleHoov

well that CPU is what i plan on going with later on this year once i can divert my funds away from senior trip...and i would say thats a solid motherboard, everything ive heard about Chaintech has been positive...this board http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130491 however was rated as one of the fastest mobos in its class if im not mistaken..and thats what i plan on getting, and yes you can add a video card later..but obviously it wont do you any good till you get one..just make sure its PCI-Express, cause most of those boards doesnt have an AGP slot, and i wouldnt buy a mobo with one anyway, AGP is on its way out.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i want to know if this is a good mobo and cpu set up. I will be using this for gaming and multi tasking
You can do much better with a Socket754 platform for not all that much more (if evenb

about the processor you posted about, that one has a lower frequency rating then the one I posted doesn't that mean its slower? sorry for the dumb questions
Lower clock speed does indeed mean slower but it doesnt necesarily mean poorer-performance

To help us help you -- what's the budget?