good speakers.

Raditz

hi. I'm looking for some good speakers, does anyone know any good ones. I do not want surround sounds my parents would kill me if I play cs on that thing. I just want a good loud sets of speakers.

shupola

Chris Chan said:
Still living with parents at age 20?

nothing wrong with that. my sister lived w/ my mom until she was 22. she actually just moved out like 3 months ago:p

about the speakers, what is you budget? if you are gonna spend anywhere close to 200 then i would DEFINITELY suggest getting the logitech Z-5500's from newegg. i know you said you dont want surround sound, but you can set them up to play in stereo mode, which just uses the two front sattelites(not center) and the sub. they still sound amazing, even like that. then when your parents leave you can thump out to whatever you want to in 5.1 digital surround sound.

but i dont know if your budget was gonna be that high or not.

NLAlston

Hi Raditz,

I, also, have to give a BIG plug to the Klipsch's. I don't rightly remember the model number of my set, but they are three pieces (the subwoofer, and two satellites which look like Klingon scout ships) which offer outstanding sound.

It is my firm opinion that you can't go wrong with the Klipsch line.

NLA

Raditz,

I just checked, and my Klipsch's are in the GMX A-2.1 model line. The Klipsch Promedia 2.1's are newer than mine, but I'll run the ones that I own into the ground before I shell out for newer ones (I like them just that mush). Spacedude99 mentioned how he thought you could do better with the Altec Lansing's model that he mentioned - and I don't dare suggest that he's wrong. When I sought for mine, I had also considered the Altec Lansing & Logitech equivalents. Both of these sets were nice, but with a thuddiness to their low ends - and some people like that. I, personally, prefer distinction & clarity, and this is just what I got with my Klipsch's (bear in mind, however, that my comparing & purchase decision - took place about a year, or so, ago). The Altec Lansing's would have been closest to what I desired, had I not zeroed in on these Klipsch's.

Getting opinions is fine (I do it all the time), but the real deal is going to rest within how well any set is going to perform to your ears. Grab a set, take it home and kick its tires. You have been given some very good starting points, and I - myself - would be interested in hearing what those Altec Lansing MX5021's sound like (for our newly acquired laptop).

Let us know how you make out.

vortmax

Klipsch speakers will eat Altech Lansing speakers for dinner and poop out Logitechs.

Klipsch is one of the leaders in high end home audio. I have never heard a bad set.

spacedude89

vortmax said:
Klipsch speakers will eat Altech Lansing speakers for dinner and poop out Logitechs.

Klipsch is one of the leaders in high end home audio. I have never heard a bad set.

have you compared any klipsch to the altec lansing? belive me the altec will sound better.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Just wondering... If you want Loud speakers then are your parents not going to kill you just the same as if you where gaming on Surrounds? :p. Get a budget set of surrounds and you'll be happy you did. Not too loud yet not to low and some sound decent.

NLA

vortmax said:

They are monsters indeed, aren't they? (and I like how you put it :) ).

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>

Yes but this is a comment of "FANBOYISM" and we generally try to ignore. It was filled with no facts (eating Althech Lansing and pooping out logitechs is not a fact). It where however funny.

It is obvious that you have no real experience with speaker products like Logitech. My Z-5500's peel plaster, couple that with my Creative X-Fi Platinum and It can take down the building :p.

Edit:

I suppose it is important to say that the sound Quality is excellent on the last two Logitech systems I've had. The highs are high and the lows are low and everything in-between is there also.

NLA

When I bought my Klipsch speakers, they were marked down (at Circuit City) due to one of the satellites having a slightly detached (but still functioning) midrange speaker. After getting it home, and unsuccessfully attempting to correct it, I decided to return them (even though I did like the sound) and purchase a NEW set. I was aware that the Klipsch's was the last of that kind, in the store, so I thought that I'd try the Logitech line. The Klipsch's had a reduced cost of $60, due to their condition, and I happened to pick up the Logitech Z-2300 set for $40 more (they had a $99.95 sale price, down from $149.95). The set was very impressive looking, and had a LOT of power. Did they sound bad? No. But did they fit my listening pleasure? No. You see, as an amateur songwriter/musician it is so very important that I have as clear & defined sound reproduction as possible. The Klipsch speakers may not be the absolute best on the market, for this, but they are the best that I have heard. The Logitech's were nothing to sneeze at. They really were a nice set of speakers, and would have served me fine if I were more into gaming and such. They just didn't stand up to my very critical listening demands.

So I returned those to the store, and re-purchased that defective set of Klipsch speakers. The bottom end wasn't as strong as with the Logitech set, but the definition & clarity was indeed there. The mids and the highs were also quite noticably better with the Klipsch's. It turned out, a short while later, that the manufacturer (after query) sent me a new satellite & control pod (which was fraught with static upon rotation of the volume knob).

........................................................................................................

There are some very nice computer speaker sets on the market, and it will be up to the end user to make a determination as to what is best - and sounds good - to him/her. I could get a pair of the Altec Lansings, or the Logitechs to go with our laptop - without the slightest problem, because the application & needs would be different.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I hear ya.. Although the Z-2300 don't speak for Logitechs entire line of products :). They are a simple 2.1 set that should be considered more of a budget speaker to me.