Good Webcam?

Don't_know

A little over a month ago I got Logitech QuickCam express and have been disappointed. I'm constantly talking on the computer and the Webcam constantly pauses on undesirable facial expressions and sometimes freezes, despite that I even have DSL. Basically, if you ever want to find a way to make yourself ugly, this WebCam is the way to go! It even sometimes pauses during a blink so it looks like I'm stoned or something. I also have to turn on three different lights besides my bedroom light just to get the image OK for color. What I want to find is a webcam that doesn't pause and freeze and that does portray movement at least close to how it happens in life or the same as it happens in life. In other words, I shouldn't be able to count two seconds in between when the camera registers me moving my fingers away from my face and when I actually did move my fingers away from my face shouldn't actually be able to see myself blink so slow that I can watch the stages of the eyelid movement lol. I also want one that will do better with less light. Ideally, I don't want to go over $100. Any suggestions of a Web camera like I'm looking for?

Johnnyboy0056

the camera u talk about is the same one i have. I agree the image is poor and the lighting is terrible, but your computer specs could be effecting the camera output becuase of the frames per second it is limited too. let us know ur comp specs...becuase a 100 dollar camera may not fix anything.

Archangel

VIP Member
vision-command.png

the Logo mindstorms Vision command camera's :p
(it even has 5 meter USB cable :) )
i have that one in use atm, and im very pleased with it :D

Don't_know

lol. I thought that camera looked a bit like legos and upon putting in the name, I wasn't surprised to see that's what it's made of.

My Windows XP computer has 512 MB of RAM and an 80 GB hard drive with a 2.3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor. I'm not sure if you're wanting other information besides that. If so, let me know and tell me where to look, just in case I don't know where to find the information. Oh, and I'm not even using half of my memory on my C drive. Also, I have DSL, but only some of the friends I communicate with have DSL. Usually, their lack of DSL does not really seem to make a difference though. It still sucks equally the same.

I went to newegg and unfortunately didn't find it really helpful, especially since some of the reviews contradicted each other.

Johnnyboy0056

specs seem good enough to not effect the camera.....maybe a friend will lend you a camera to test and see if it is any better....but with the specs...i think the camera is to blame.

Don't_know

Unfortunately, I am the first of everybody to get a WebCam. I got one so everyone else would start thinking about getting one and actually the one I have right now I'm thinking about giving to a couple of friends in Brazil if it's compatible with their computer.

I have one other question that will help me to make my final decision on which webcam I want to try. The WebCam I got says is "up to 640X480". I learned that cameras that say this are often actually only about 320 by something. Logitech QuickCam Zoom silver says enjoy true 640x480. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2204,CONTENTID=7105 Does this mean the Zoom cam is not up to and actually is 640x480 unlike the QuickCam express I have? Does this mean the zoom camera will be faster, not freeze so much, and show me moving similar as I do in real life?