got a problem

jman21

i went to the administrative tools/computer management area on my computer and i have a lot of errors and they are all the same. They say access denied attempting to launch a DCOM server using DefaultLaunchpermission. It also says the source is DCOM and the event is 10003. My mouse has been freezing up lately it that what the errors are? and my cd-rom drives have disappeared. they are no longer in the my computer file. when i go to device manager it says the drivers are corrupted or missing. where do i go from there i can run my windows disc? i don't have the disc's .please help
thanks

You could try repairing windows
Also have you done a Normal virus scan
And get a program like PC-BUG Doctor....I dont think it's free though but it fixes up heaps of errors

Sounds like the system is seriously messed up. You could try a Windows repair but realistically it would prolly be worth a reformat :)

Is this Windows XP? Pro or Home?

Have you tried creating another user account (with admin rights)?

Log in with the new user account and see if you notice the same quirks...I have noticed over the years I am able to resolve many of these quirky issues by creating new windows profiles.

Back