got my external sound card....but subwoofer not working now

loserpunkx182

i just got my siig soundwave pro 5.1 external sound card(not the best but i wasn't looking for high tech :D )...it fixed the speaker humming problem i had...but now the subwoofer wont play :confused: ...it's a CA 2.1 with one plug that goes into the headphone jack of my laptop....and because there's only one plug..i can only plug it into the "front" jack in the external card....is that the reason my subs' not working...is there anything i can do?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What is it plugged in? How did you ascertain that it doesnt have enough power? :)

loserpunkx182

Praetor said:
What is it plugged in? How did you ascertain that it doesnt have enough power? :)

it's plugged into the "front" of the external sound card....and there's a blue light on the right satalltie and it's very very dim..almost to no light :( and when i plug it back into the headphone jack it lights up bright again..that's when the subs work again also

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
it's plugged into the "front" of the external sound card....and there's a blue light on the right satalltie and it's very very dim..almost to no light and when I plug it back into the headphone jack it lights up bright again..that's when the subs work again also
I had that problem with Logitech Soundman M1s a couple years back -- check that connections are tight -- wiggle them around ... does the light power back up again? :)

loserpunkx182

:Di fixed it...one of the pins on the connectors was bent down so it was a bad connection...thanks for the connector hint...back to pissin off my roommates :D