GPU/Part shortage officially over?

What do you guys think, are prices finally reasonable again?
Just checked amazon this morning to see rtx 3070's selling for $150 over msrp
That was similar to what I purchased a 2070 super for back in 2019
I was even more surprised to see ryzen cpu's getting slashed this weekend by like 30%
You can even pick up a 5900x for $400 now

beers

Staff member
GPUs are coming back to earth, other components like CPU are generally MSRP anyway.

The last few months have decreased significantly.

I'd expect more slashes on everything except the 5800X3D as AM5 isn't too far around the corner.

Mainly music production/recording, streaming, and high refresh rate gaming (preferably close to 200fps in competitive titles like apex/warzone)
Ableton by itself is very cpu hungry and regularly hits 100% cpu useage
The 3600 was and still is a good deal for casual use and am definitely keeping it as a backup, but it's become more of a bottleneck as I got into recording
An overclock helped a bit but it can only go so far, I boosted it to around 4.1 on all cores
I guess it's less about the cores and more of the performance overall
Gaming is secondary but more recent titles are benefiting from a cpu upgrade from the benchmarks I've seen, like 50 fps in some cases and improved 1% and .1% lows

Okedokey

You have a lot of headroom in OC'ing that RAM and CPU. Consider a dedicated hardware device for Ableton as that may a better use of cash. Upgrade that RAM speed / OC and probably get 32GB.

Nah I'd rather have the better single/multi thread performance, it's more than just ableton
Oc is already maxed out anyway@ 4.2 and ram speed is only stable at 3200